St. Rita Summer Reading/Writing Workshop
June 12th-July 28th
Tuesdays & Thursdays from: 2 sessions-9:30-11:30 and 12:30-2:30
(Subject to change upon the amount of signups)
A Summer Reading & Writing Workshop is a popular way of organizing a class based on the idea that students learn to read and write best when they do so more frequently, for extended periods of time, and on topics of their own choosing. This workshop is designed to emphasize the act of writing itself—students spend most of their time putting pencil to paper, not just learning about it. Over the course of this workshop, students will complete their summer reading and any accompanied writing assignment.
Incoming 5th-8th grade students will be:
- Practicing writing skills over the summer
- Responding to text, constructing topic/thesis statements, adding details to writing, and completing summer assignments for ELA.
- Improving skills needed for the upcoming grade
- Respond to writing prompts
- Improve any areas of concern
- 8th graders will prepare for high school essays
- Incoming 6th graders will prepare for 7th grade science fair writing project.
We will be using the six-trait writing model which focuses on:
- Idea development
- Word choice
- Sentence fluency
This workshop is dependent upon the amount of students that sign up. To enroll please return the bottom half of the attached flyer or call the school office, 440-248-1350 ext.102.
The cost will be $250 and is due the first day of class. There will be no class the week of July 2nd.
Private tutoring will be available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.